Specific Product Category: Screws

Week 7 of packaging design is complete (even if it is a bit late). In week seven we began work on Project 2 starting with market research. This week (or last week) took me a lot of time because I tried to conduct as much research as I could. While week seven was challenging with the amount of investigation involved, having a sound knowledge of the current market assists in being able to create packaging that directly connects to the right market, and in turn consumer. Our brief was to look at packaging that had bad accessibility (and legibility), or packaging unable to be opened without a tool. Given the category of garden, office or hardware I decided to go with[…]

Week 6 of packaging design is complete. In week six I spent the time in refining my work of the current market and alternative market redesign of the Monarch Fence brushes. This included creating the redesigns and all the documentation with it. So I could provide reasoning behind all of my choices. I am a little bit behind with posting a recap for this week and have been feeling a bit ill, so I will keep it brief and include the finished example.

Week 5 of packaging design is complete. In week five we continued our work on redesigning our selected packaging and investigated communication and visual language. It was very interesting to look at specific techniques that are used to communicate a number of messages to the consumer. The selection of colour, typographic arrangement and the form of imagery all play a large part in our interpretation of the packaging around us. This information really helped me to evaluate the designs I had created thus far and made me look at the work so far.

Week 3 of packaging design is complete. In week three we developed a number of ideas and concepts that would be used in our redesign of the packaging. I tried to really push the number of different ideas that I could create so that I had many to choose from. I tried to keep in mind both the current market and our redesign of another market value. Creating the mood boards was also a great step in finding inspiration and really helped to kickstart the idea generation.