Week 6 of packaging design is complete. In week six I spent the time in refining my work of the current market and alternative market redesign of the Monarch Fence brushes. This included creating the redesigns and all the documentation with it. So I could provide reasoning behind all of my choices. I am a little bit behind with posting a recap for this week and have been feeling a bit ill, so I will keep it brief and include the finished example.

Week 5 of packaging design is complete. In week five we continued our work on redesigning our selected packaging and investigated communication and visual language. It was very interesting to look at specific techniques that are used to communicate a number of messages to the consumer. The selection of colour, typographic arrangement and the form of imagery all play a large part in our interpretation of the packaging around us. This information really helped me to evaluate the designs I had created thus far and made me look at the work so far.

Week 2 of packaging design is complete. In week two we studied the history of packaging. We also completed three tasks were we examined our chosen product/package in the current market. We analysed the packaging across market value, communication, usability and sustainability. These tasks helped to gain a greater understanding of the package we would redesign and to see the current position it is in, compared to competitors.